31 May 2022
ROOFTOP PLANTER BOXES RECTIFICATION WORKS LONGBOW GROUP
FROM THE BUILDER
Due to the failure of the traditional construction methods implemented by the original builder, Longbow needed to source a new material so that we weren’t faced with the same issues down the track. We identified MULTIPANEL as the product to be used as it is the only 100% Waterproof Building Panel on the market. From a material handling and safety perspective, being so lightweight made the product so much easier to carry up to the rooftop terraces as the 2400 x 1200 sheets weigh only 9.2Kg. The speed of installation versus traditional methods also helped us exceed time expectations of the client.
– Dane Schreuders, Longbow Group
- 4 Apartments on the beach in Brighton had rooftop planter boxes that had failed and caused extensive damage to the livable areas underneath
- Rectification works to planter boxes were undertaken by insurance builder Longbow Group where the initial liquid membrane had failed.
- To provide 16mm T&G; MULTIPANEL which was used to completely line the inside of the planter boxes.
- Secondary Panels were supplied similar to our pre formed shower bases with fall built in for the floor of the planter boxes.
- 100% Waterproof product to reduce costs of full waterproofing
- MULTIPANEL's lightweight characteristics made it easy for the builders to carry up to the terrace and install.
- All the above enabled a significant time saving, rather than using existing methods that may fail again
BENEFITS DERIVED FROM USING MULTIPANEL
- Using liquid membranes to Waterproof planter boxes can cause issues as watering of plants causes a large amount of movement in the soil. As the soil is coarse it can potentially penetrate the liquid membrane causing it to fail.
- As 16mm MULTIPANEL was used and is a waterproof product throughout, it essentially provided 16mm of waterproofing. Even if stones and rocks pushed on MULTIPANEL and made a 3 or 4mm dint to the surface, it still provides a waterproof barrier unlike other traditional membranes.
Being 100% waterproof allowed the user to be satisfied that the project will not rot, leak or deteriorate over time. Given the harsh high moisture environment, this was the ultimate factor in deciding what product is to be used.
With MULTIPANEL Custom panels weighing 9.2kg per 2400 x 1200mm sheet this gave rise to significant OH&S; advantages and was much easier to use for the builders on site.
TIME OF INSTALL:
The MULTIPANEL system installs incredibly quickly compared with traditional methods.
As the product is compatible to such a wide variety of finishes, the job was able to be finished in keeping with the high standard of the building.