FROM THE BUILDER
‘PTA Landscapes prides itself on its creative approach to the challenges presented by clients whether they be landscape construction, landscape design or landscape maintenance.
We look to use innovative products to deliver quality landscaping projects of excellence. MULTIPANEL perfectly suited this brief for us.
MULTIPANEL was chosen for its durability, flexibility and the fact that it can take the required finish. It was also good for keeping down the weight, so we were within roof load limits.
16 + 25mm MULTIPANEL being installed
PTA Landscapes are specialists in total landscaping solutions for commercial landscaping, residential landscaping, landscaping for schools and educational environments. For this project at the Royal Melbourne Hospital they required;
- A 100% waterproof solution
- A product that could withstand any weather conditions without affect
- Suitability for architecturally designed curved applications
- Something lightweight to help with transport and maneuverability to multiple storeys
- A product accepting of a range of high-quality finishes that were in keeping with modern design
- To use 25mm and 16mm MULTIPANEL Building Panels for all aspects of the projects
- With MULTIPANEL being 100% waterproof and NO liquid membrane required, significantly reduced the time spent on all aspects of the project and allowed the builders to achieve a water tight solution sooner within the building process.
- All the above enabled a significant time saving, cost-effective solution rather than using existing methods that may fail.
- Using MULTIPANEL for the ease of its radius properties
Finished curved MULTIPANEL
BENEFITS FROM USING MULTIPANEL
With being able to use standard woodworking tools for all cutting of MULTIPANEL 100% waterproof panels ultimately saved the builder time and money on trades and equipment.
Being 100% waterproof gives the builders and architects peace of mind that the Garden Features and Outdoor Furniture will withstand all weather conditions without any chance of impact or deterioration.
With each 2400 x 1200mm sheet of MULTIPANEL 25mm panels weighing 13.5kg and the 16mm panels weighing 9.2kg each, this gives rise to significant OH&S advantages and was much easier to use for the builders on site enabling easier maneuverability and transportation.
With the 25mm and 16mm MULTIPANEL 100% waterproof panels being able to be adhered to the frame’s substrate, the builders were thrilled with the durability of the product once laid and trades were working over it and on it.
The architects needed a product that could accept different high-quality finishes on each individual piece of the project and they were able to achieve this with the MULTIPANEL.
MULTIPANEL can be heated and curved with ease on site without any scoring and affecting the integrity of the panels. Having the ability to achieve tight curves with the MULTIPANEL panels onsite meant that time was saved in comparison to other traditional methods.