BALCONY OVER HABITABLE ROOM RECTIFICATION WORKS - Murphy Constructions
FROM THE BUILDER
‘Using MULTIPANEL did mean extra supply of timber with joist spacings at 300mm, but a huge saving in labour time to install the product and eliminate the waterproofing membrane made it an easy decision to use MULTIPANEL. A product completely fit for purpose.’
Adam Murphy, Murphy Constructions
- Rectifying a failed balcony and completing an extension to the existing house which included a tiled balcony over a garage.
- Project had a strict timeline that needed to be adhered to so the speed of installation was a huge deciding factor. Also cost of external approved membrane altered Adam’s decision.
- To provide 30mm T&G MULTIPANEL which was used as the solid substrate
- 100% Waterproof product to reduced costs of applying a waterproof membrane to the substrate.
- MULTIPANEL's lightweight characteristics made it easy for the builders to carry up to the balcony and install.
- All the above enabled a significant time saving, cost effective solution rather than using existing methods that may fail again. It provided the builder with piece of mind that the balcony will remain waterproof indefinitely.
BENEFITS FROM USING MULTIPANEL
As 30mm MULTIPANEL can be installed directly to 300mm joist centres, it has allowed the builder to avoid addition time and cost of installing both a separate substrate and application of a waterproof membrane.
Being 100% waterproof gave the builder and home owner piece of mind that the balcony will not rot, leak or deteriorate over time which is even more important with the garage being directly beneath the balcony.
With MULTIPANEL 30mm panels weighing 18kg per 2400 x 1200mm sheet this gave rise to significant OH&S advantages and was much easier to use for the builders on site.
TIME OF INSTALL
The MULTIPANEL system installs incredibly quickly compared with traditional methods.
MULTIPANEL is compatible in a wide variety of finishes. In this instance, the balcony was tiled.